Open Education Talks
Open Education Talks
We are excited to announce the second annual offering of The Open Education Talks, first offered in 2022 as The Open Pedagogy Talks, a series of lightning talks focusing on open education in postsecondary institutions. These 15-minute talks focus on facets of open education, including open pedagogy and learning, utilizing open educational resources, and integrating open strategies in higher education.
Schedule and Topics:
Every Wednesday in March 2023 from 12:00 pm - 1:30pm MST, speakers will be talking about the following topics:
- March 1, 2023: Institutional Pathways and Open Scholarship
- March 8, 2023: Using Open Education in Student and Academic Development
- March 15, 2023: Using Open Educational Resources for Interactive Learning
- March 22, 2023: Creating Open Educational Resources
- March 29, 2023: Partnerships for Open Education
For more information visit the Open Education Talks registration page
Registration is free and open to all interested participants. By registering once, you will receive access to all sessions.
Please feel free to share this invitation with your networks.
Open Education Talks Working Group
This initiative has been developed in partnership with the University of Calgary, Thompson Rivers University, Concordia University (Edmonton), University of Alberta, and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver.
For more information about the Open Education Talks, please connect with Sarah Adams at email@example.com.
Open Education Talks Working Group Members:
- Barbara Brown, Associate Dean Teaching and Learning, Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary
- Alysia C. Wright, Educational Development Consultant, Taylor Institute for Teaching & Learning, University of Calgary
- Sarah Adams, Open Education Librarian, University of Calgary
- Verena Roberts Educational Developer, Concordia University (Edmonton), and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary
- Carolyn Ives, Coordinator, Learning and Faculty Development, Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Open Learning Faculty Member, Thompson Rivers University
- Brenda Smith, Open Education Librarian, Thompson Rivers University
- Sarah Shaughnessy, Faculty Engagement Librarian, University of Alberta
- Christina Hendricks, Professor of Teaching, Philosophy and Academic Director, Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Related LibGuide: Open Educational Resources (OER) by Sarah Adams