Open Education Alberta: Creating with Pressbooks
Open Education Alberta: Creating with Pressbooks Online
Open Education Alberta is a grassroots collaborative, no-fee publishing service for open educational resources (OER), including open textbooks, toolkits, guides, and more. Educators from the University of Calgary can use this service to develop and host OER in a Pressbooks platform.
In this session, attendees will learn about this OER publishing service offered by Libraries and Cultural Resources and how to get started with their own OER project. Attendees will be introduced to developing open educational resources in Pressbooks, see behind the scenes of what Pressbooks has to offer for creating open educational resources, examples of published Pressbooks OERs, and supports for creating OER at UCalgary.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to...
- Understand to use the Open Education Alberta publishing service
- Consider how they can use the service to create openly licensed teaching and learning materials
- Identify supports for creating open educational resources at UCalgary.
Related LibGuide: Open Education Alberta, Pressbooks Service by Sarah Adams
- Friday, January 6, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.