Getting Started on Creating an Open Educational Resource
Getting Started on Creating an Open Educational Resource Online
Creating a new OER, either by starting from scratch or by adapting an existing resource, can be a labour intensive process. This session will break down the steps associated with OER creation to give instructors some step-by-step guidance. We will also discuss tools and platforms that are available to instructors for hosting OER materials, and discuss key accessibility and universal design principles.
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Identify the five main steps of the OER creation process
- Provide examples of tools for creating OER
- Describe which OER tools/platforms are supported by UCalgary, and which are “DIY”
- Explain the importance of assessing OERs for accessibility
This session is part four of a four-part series on OER. It is offered in partnership with the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
Related LibGuide: Open Educational Resources (OERs) by Christie Hurrell
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://conted.ucalgary.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=63841000&expandSectionId=63841932&parentSite=TI