Copyright and Licensing for Open Educational Resources
Copyright and Licensing for Open Educational Resources Online
Understanding the basics of copyright, open licensing, and their implications for adopting, adapting, or creating OERs is essential. This session will give learners the tools they need to lawfully and ethically adopt, adapt, and create OERs.
By the end of this workshop, learners will be able to:
- Define copyright and open licenses
- Describe the four different Creative Commons License components
- Explain why some CC-licensed content might not be considered OER
This session is part two of a four-part series on OER. It is offered in partnership with the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
Related LibGuide: Open Educational Resources (OERs) by Christie Hurrell
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://conted.ucalgary.ca/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=63841000&expandSectionId=63841698&parentSite=TI#courseSectionDetails_63841698