How to calculate your h-index
How to calculate your h-index Online
Do you need to calculate your (or someone else's) h-index? This impact metric can be used for many purposes, including tenure and promotion, grant or awards applications, and more. This workshop will provide participants the practical hands-on skills you need to calculate an h-index, as well as an introduction to some of the issues involved with the potential uses (and mis-uses) of this metric.
- Become familiar with the definition of the h-index metric;
- Develop an awareness of the different databases that can be used to calculate an h-index;
- Understand why different databases often show a different h-index for the same person;
- Know what tools they can use if existing databases do not calculate their h-index accurately;
- Be introduced to some appropriate and inappropriate uses of the h-index.
All faculty, students and staff are welcome!
Related LibGuide: Manage Your Research Identity and Track Your Impact by Christie Hurrell
- Thursday, September 2, 2021
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.