EDUC: Web Sources - Credible or Not?
EDUC: Web Sources - Credible or Not? Online
Do you worry about how much K-12 students rely on internet searches for their information? Do you question the credibility of the sources you find from internet searches? How will you help K-12 students navigate the information landscape?
In this interactive session we will:
- learn about the SIFT evaluation method (from Mike Caulfield)
- try the method with some example websites
- reflect on the value of this method in your academic work and your upcoming teaching practice
This will be an online presentation on Zoom with participation. Part of the session will be recorded.
Intended Audience: UCalgary students enrolled in 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 level EDUC courses
Related LibGuide: Education - Detecting Fake News for K-12 Educators by Kim Clarke
- Friday, July 16, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.