Systematic Searching for Veterinary Reviews
Systematic Searching for Veterinary Reviews Online
Are you conducting a veterinary literature search for your thesis or dissertation, or writing a review article? Not sure if your search retrieved all the relevant literature?
In this free introductory workshop you will learn about:
- Types of reviews such as systematic, scoping and narrative reviews
- Developing an effective searchable question
- Pros/cons of veterinary literature databases CAB Abstracts, Web of Science, PubMed
- Best practice techniques for comprehensive searches:
- Broadening and narrowing searches
- Subject heading searches
- Reference list and cited reference searches
- Grey literature searches
- Reporting guidelines – PRISMA
- Deciding where to publish and avoiding predatory journals
This workshop is a combination of lecture and hands-on search practice.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Mountain Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.