3D modeling in Virtual Reality
Virtual reality is beginning to change the way artists, engineers, and designers approach 3D modeling. It allows the creator to immerse themselves in a virtual workspace where they can sculpt, carve, and paint objects in a new way.
This workshop is will provide participants with an introduction to 3D modeling in Virtual reality. The goal of this workshop is to provide participants with basic knowledge of Oculus Virtual Reality (VR) system and 3D modeling in Medium software. By the end of this workshop, participants will have a basic understanding of 3D modeling in virtual reality, and will have an opportunity to try it in a virtual reality environment.
This workshop is ideal for beginners to virtual reality or anyone who is interested in exploring the 3D modelling potential of this medium.
What topics will be covered?
- Brief history of VR
- How does VR work
- Different kinds of VR systems
- Most popular VR gears
- Current and future applications of VR in the research world as well as in the industry
What to expect to learn in Medium Software?
- How to navigate in Medium 3D environment
- 3D modeling tools
- 3D modifiers
- 3D painting
By the end of the workshop participants are expected to know the following:
- How to setup Oculus VR gear
- Can identify the VR gear parts
- How to navigate Oculus user interface on PC and in VR
- How to launch Medium software
- How to start new project
- How to use the clay modeling tool
- How to apply simple modifiers to 3D models
- How to paint 3d objects
Featured image: Rodin Thinker Alien by Frozen Pea
Related LibGuide: Virtual Reality by Justin Anders
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 Show more dates
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Lab NEXT teaching area (room 330)