Video Editing 101: Adobe Premiere Pro for beginners
Learn how to edit your videos quickly and easily with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Video editing is suitable for all disciplines, and at the Taylor Family Digital Library we have 4 Audio/Visual editing suites equipped with everything you may need to create and edit your own videos. In this workshop you will learn how to use Adobe Premiere Pro, an industry-standard video software, which makes it easy to for both beginners and professionals to produce high quality videos and for professionals.
As this is an introductory workshop meant for people without any knowledge of video editing, we will cover everything from the beginning. After completing this workshop, you will be able to do basic video editing of any kind, you will also acquire enough knowledge to either keep exploring on your own or come back for more advanced workshops.
- Understand how videos are made.
- Be familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro software and its potential.
- Learn about different techniques for basic video editing.
- Understand the versatility of video editing.
- Learn how to use basic effects that will enhance the outcome of any video.
- Know how to wrap everything up and render into one file (export).
- Know how to bounce (export) a song from the software to an mp3 format.
There is a small number of PCs available for workshop participants who need them, please indicate that you require a library PC when you register. If you have a laptop with Premiere installed, please bring it to the workshop.
Workshop taught by Juan Castillo, Digital Media Mentor
Related LibGuide: Audio/Visual Editing Suites by Marc Stoeckle
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Lab NEXT teaching area (room 330)