Introduction to recording, editing and mixing your own music
Learn how to make your own songs with Logic Pro X.
At the Taylor Family Digital Library we have 4 Audio/Visual editing suites equipped with everything for you to start recording, editing or mixing your own music. In this workshop you will learn how to use Logic Pro X, an industry-standard music software which makes it easy to create music and lets you start your way in music production easily.
After this introductory workshop you will be able to record, mix and master your own songs using the A/V Editing Suites.
- Be familiar with Logic Pro software.
- Understand the basic signal flow in any recording environment.
- Learn how to record audio (vocals, guitar, bass, etc.) or create audio via MIDI instruments (virtual instruments).
- Learn how to use essential plugins that allow your music to sound bigger and better.
- Learn basic editing and mixing in order to have everything in place to have a finalized song.
- Know how to bounce (export) a song from the software to an mp3 format.
Related LibGuide: Music by Marc Stoeckle
- Friday, October 19, 2018
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Lab NEXT teaching area (room 330)