Don't get scammed in scholarly publishing! Avoiding predators and retaining rights
Academic authors today are faced with a wide variety of publishing models to share their research results. This can make selecting a reputable venue for your work very challenging. This workshop will aim authors with the tools they need to choose wisely.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- understand the various publishing models available to them, and how these models affect the potential impact of your work
- use criteria and tools to evaluate the impact and reputability of publishers and conferences
- identify traits commonly associated with predatory publishers and predatory conferences
- describe common elements of publishing contracts and what rights they confer to authors
- use tools to negotiate author rights during the publishing process
This session is aimed at current and future academic authors from all disciplines. All are welcome to attend.
Related LibGuide: Scholarly Communication by Christie Hurrell