Introduction to programming in Python
This 1.5 hour course will introduce you to programing using Python 2, due to its ease of use.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- set up a computer to run Python
- learn how to assign variables and use logic / loops to get desired outcomes
- understand more advanced ideas such as functions, and reading and writing to files
The workshop will include hand-on components where the instructor will go through problems and solutions in an interactive fashion. At the end of the session, time will be set aside to explore questions that individuals have about their work and how programing languages can be helpful in automating their tasks.
Software: We will provide PC computers with Python 2 installed. If you prefer working on your own laptop, please bring your laptop with installed Python 2.
Please indicate whether you are bringing your own laptop when you register, this will affect how many people we can admit into the workshop.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Lab NEXT teaching area (room 330)