ORCID is the Open Researcher and Contributor ID. ORCID is a registry of unique identifiers for researchers and scholars that is open, non-proprietary, transparent, mobile, and community-based. ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier to distinguish researchers from their peers, automatically linking their professional activities.
ORCID helps with the following problems:
- Researchers who worry about getting credit for their research because their name is common or they have publications under multiple aliases
- Researchers who struggle to keep track of all of their research outputs
- Researchers who are annoyed by having to enter the same information over and over in various research systems
This introductory session has two aims:
- To provide a brief introduction to ORCID, and how it is increasingly being used by publishers, funders, professional associations and at the University of Calgary
- To provide you with an opportunity to claim your ORCID iD and add research outputs and biographical information using the import wizards and/or manual entry